Marcus joined the BEC as Manager in June 2017 after having owned and operated a project management and consultancy business in South West Victoria. Through his business, Marcus serviced clients in the private, NFP and govt. sectors and provided contract services in project management, strategic and business planning, partnership brokerage and research and consultancy.
Marcus has also worked in Industry development, project management and business development roles with peak industry bodies and NFP organisations across Queensland, Tasmania and Victoria.
“I am passionate about rural and regional Australia and I understand the important role that small businesses play in building strong rural and regional economies and communities. When small businesses are thriving, our regions, communities and families thrive to. That is why it is great to be able to work with the team at Bundaberg BEC to support small business to grow and thrive. Owning and operating my own small business has positioned me well to understand the complexities of life in business as well as to recognise both the challenges that need to be navigated and the great opportunities that being in business presents”.
- Diploma of Management
- BSC. Env. Sci. (Integrated Catchment Management)
- Gr. Dip App. Sci. (Ag. Studies)
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- Conscious Governance Training
- Governance for Not for Profit Organisations Training
- Facilitation Skills Training
- Partnering Essentials Training
- Social Return on Investment Training
- Writing for Government Training